ENVIRONMENTAL COORDINATOR – TAUPŌ
The Tūwharetoa Māori Trust Board administers Taupō Waters on behalf of, and for the benefit of present and future generations of Ngāti Tūwharetoa, and is committed to enabling social, cultural, environmental and economic goals and aspirations. To ensure that this occurs, it requires the effective and prudent management of the Trust Board’s core assets.
Reporting to the Natural Resource Manager based in Taupō, you will be engaged in an exciting and broad range of projects, implementing our environmental plan for Taupō Waters, engaging in local, regional and national policy processes. This is a unique mixture of environmental management of the Tūwharetoa Māori Trust Board Assets, RMA implementation, compliance and resources process and monitoring. This position will also include field-based work and to manage our Section 33 water monitoring requirements.
This exciting full-time, permanent role will be a unique and interesting challenge, with significant scope for growth.
To be successful in this role:
- You have experience working in an RMA planning or similar role
- You’re able to be self-directed and work independently where necessary
- You enjoy building productive and positive working relationships with a wide range of people from all walks of life
- You’re a team player, enjoy a laugh, love variety, and the challenge of environmental planning
- You are physically fit and capable
Applicants will be required to complete an application form and send a CV and covering letter to HR@tuwharetoa.co.nz.
To discuss the role please contact Natural Resources Manager, Peter Shepherd 07 376 5086.
Applications Close: Monday, 18 October 2021 at 12pm.
Click here to view the SEEK advertisement
TŪwharetoa & environmental research institute summer research scholarship
Te Ture Whaimana o Te Awa o Waikato
The Environmental Research Institute at the University of Waikato, in partnership with the Tūwharetoa Māori Trust Board and the Waikato River Authority have established a Summer Research Scholarship to enable a Tūwharetoa Waikato University student to work with and support their iwi to:
- To promote and achieve Te Ture Whaimana o Te Awa o Waikato (Waikato River Vision & Strategy)
- Advance the mātauranga-a-Tūwharetoa.
This opportunity is open to all Tūwharetoa tauira (students) enrolled at Waikato University who are registered with the Tūwharetoa Māori Trust Board. It is open to all disciplines of study and seeks to give the successful applicant an opportunity to understand some of the mahi that the Tūwharetoa Māori Trust Board does regarding te awa o Waikato and seek solutions for the enhancement of the awa and our people.
- It will be for a 10-week period over the 2021/2022 summer months.
- The successful student will receive a tax-free stipend of $6,000.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be a registered member of the Tūwharetoa Māori Trust Board.
If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
- Your cover letter should list your Trust Board registration number, Tūwharetoa Hapū/connection, and give a brief overview of your study, interests/ hobbies, and why you would like to take up this opportunity.
To discuss the role or if you have any pātai please contact our Natural Resources Project Coordinator, Tredegar Hall on 07 376 5086.
Applications Close: Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 5 pm