Important | Education Grants will be available 3 February 2020!
Kaumātua Medical Grants
Our kaumātua grant scheme assists kaumātua aged 60 years and over. The grant can be used to purchase medical items and services that help with maintaining or improving the health and wellbeing of our kaumātua.
Each year kaumātua can apply once for each individual category up to the amount specified:
- $200 Travel (Specialist and/or hospital treatment and/or travel over 30km radius)
- $500 Eye treatment – (Glasses & eye checks only)
- $1000 Dental treatment
- $1000 Hearing treatment
PLEASE NOTE: SURGERY COSTS ARE NOT COVERED IN ANY OF THE ABOVE TREATMENTS
Applicants must provide:
- Application completed in full
- A copy of a paid account or quote from your preferred medical provider
- Verified bank details, NZ account only (bank deposit slip or statement)
- Quote or receipt cannot be more than 3 months old
The Tuwharetoa Maori Trust Board is a registered charity in New Zealand. Kaumatua Medical grants can only be approved for Beneficiaries who reside in New Zealand. The Grant has to be utilised with a New Zealand based medical service provider.
Applications are required to be received by the 10th of each month for payment on the 20th of each month.
Applying online? Applications will only be accepted if all supporting documentation is attached.