Taupo Waters Trust
The Taupo Waters Trust is a newly established Trust set up by the Tuwharetoa Maori Trust Board, and holds title to:
- Taupo-Nui-a-Tia Block;
- Te Awa o Waikato ki te Toka o Tia Block; and
- Te Hokinga mai o te papa o nga awa ki te Poari hei Kaitiaki o nga Hapu o Ngati Tuwharetoa Block
These titles are collectively known as “Taupo Waters” and have been vested in the Taupo Waters Trust by the Maori Land Court as Maori Freehold land.
The primary responsibility of the Taupo Waters Trust is to administer the assets listed above with specific regard to best practice asset management and to license: (i) commercial activities and events; (ii) new private and Crown owned structures; and the extension of existing private and Crown owned structures. The Tuwharetoa Maori Trust Board is the trustee of the Taupo Waters Trust, as authorised by s24C of the Maori Trust Boards Act 1955.
Staging of Events on Taupo Waters
- Event organisers wanting to conduct an event on Taupo Waters will need to complete an Event Application form which will need to address the guidelines contained in the policy document.
- An application to hold an event needs to be submitted to the Tuwharetoa Maori Trust Board at least 12 weeks prior to the proposed date of the event.
Filming and Photography on Taupo Waters
- Individuals, Organisations or Companies wanting to conduct filming of photography on Taupo Waters will need to complete a Filming and Photography Application form which will need to address the guidelines contained in the policy document.
- A completed application will need to be submitted to the Tuwharetoa Maori Trust Board at least four weeks prior to the proposed date of the event.
Event Application forms are available from the Tuwharetoa Maori Trust Board offices (Town Centre, Turangi or 81 Horomatangi Street, Taupo) or see above link to download.
Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com, posted to PO Box 87, Turangi 3353 or hand delivered to our offices.