This Special Needs Grant is designed to support and promote the wellbeing of tribal members
as the future leaders of their whanau, their marae and their iwi.
This grant supports whānau with disabilities who are studying at a registered learning establishment.
Criteria and details are as follows:
- Special needs education grants are available to registered members who reside in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Applicants must provide:
- an official letter confirming enrolment; and
- a letter from a doctor or teacher confirming the type of disability.
If an applicant withdraws from their course or subjects prior to or after receiving the grant,
they must notify the Tūwharetoa Māori Trust Board.
If this does not occur, an applicant may not be eligible for further grants.
- Successful applications received by the 10th of each month will be paid at the end of the month. Payments will be made in March, April, May, and June. One payment per calendar year per person.
- Tūwharetoa Māori Trust Board has the sole discretion to accept or decline any application.